Wednesday 27 October 2010

MOODBOARD / COLOUR PALETTES

Over the last few day's I have felt a little bit lost within each theme, and where to go with it next. I feel I have collated enough images at this moment and have a good understanding on what I'm trying to achieve within each theme, however needed to put this down onto paper!! and move colours and images around.

Below are Moodboards / Colour palettes for each theme. I decided before doing these, that I was not going to upload these to In Design, as I think the quality would not be great if I was to scan it in, however most of the images I have, and so I will be able to achieve a similar style and layout straight onto in design.

Concentrating on getting the mood board right has been such a helpful tool to now carry on with thinking about the pages of my trend book. This has definitely been a weakness so far, as I should have done this right from the start. I now have a better understanding of colour and mood to work from, and also feel more confident to start drawing fashion templates to work from within illustrator.

STREET
I really wanted the colours of the decaying/distressed vibe to really show through. I think especially with the burnt orange, dusky browns and dark greys, this is evidenced well, and is clear with the imagery what I'm aiming for. I also wanted a bright coloured contrast to this, with the use of the yellow and off white. This is to link in with not only the idea of a decaying urban environment, but how street art is incorporated within this. 


EGYPTIAN
As the vibrant colours and patterns are really evident with Egyptian culture, I really wanted this to be strongly shown within my moodboard. I wanted a completely different colour palette to be shown within this theme and to be noticeable the culture where these colours have evolved.


DIY
As shown, the cool icy colours along with the accessories is the most prominent part of the trend. I think with the pastel blues and pinks mixed with the bright orange and red add's the futuristic DIY style and modernism which I want to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment