Monday 1 November 2010

Fabric Samples


Using fabric samples I have collected from various sources over time, I have picked out swatches that I would show use in for each trend. From woollen heavy fabric to sheer cotton, each trend uses a varied combination relevant to the season of Autumn/Winter. 
Within my DIY trend, the use of light fabrics is more apparent. As the theme gives a sense of creating your own clothing and accessories, the use of stretch jersey material is important to give that feel of pulling and moulding your own shape. As mentioned within my designer research, block shapes and panels will be the most evident feature (together with the DIY jewellery), this will give the sense of  patch-work style, with heavier woven cotton which will provide more of a stable contrast to the jersey stretch material also used within the garment.
For the urban theme, jersey stretch fabrics will be used for a casual sports wear effect, and heavier woollen fabric for outer wear, along with patch-work style panels of leather to a edgy street feel.
I will use similar heavy woollen fabric for the outer-wear style jackets used within my Egyptian style theme, and a mix of woven cotton and jersey fabric for the dresses which I want to show element of stretch around the waist and pocket detail.
If it was possible to add in swatches to our trend books I would want to incorporate these within my flat drawing pages to add texture and more of a feel to the trend.

No comments:

Post a Comment