Wednesday 17 November 2010

More design Inspiration


Looking at different fashion magazines such as Elle and Bazaar, I've been going through picking out parts of garments that link with my themes to draw from within illustrator. I've found on-line clothes websites such as Topshop and Zara which have been a good way of gathering relevant clothing from to use as templates for my flats, to then develop from with shape and colours swatches. However, with the fashion illustrations, it is not as easy to draw round a template when on a body, which I would then have to alter to the body shape. Using distinct areas of detail, such as transparent or cut out parts, ruffle or layed areas, I have been able to draw and adapt the garment shape to fit the shape and style of clothing I'm aiming for.

No comments:

Post a Comment