Thursday 18 November 2010

Visual Merchandising



This is my visual merchandising page for my eco trend. Unfortunately I was not able to obtain any recent VM information from House of Fraser, however from looking at different store window displays, specifically looking at simple well lit window's, as with my trend book, I wanted the same simplistic clean contemporary feel to be shown within the visual merchandising.
Similar to Zara, I think the layout is simplistic and would be clear to the customer the theme of the trend. The VM pages are all shown with the same layout throughout the book. With the images behind the garments linking with colour and mood, and clearly layed out accessories on blocks, the space is confined yet simple to draw the customer to that area with no confusion. This will be uploaded as a double page spread of my trend book. The block of colour behind to add a more distinct effect to the page rather than having a white background.
I would really like to add some more elements to this, maybe some sort of art deco style mirrors, and then adapt the page to look more 3D. However, I don't want to the page to look too busy and cluttered but this would be something I would think about for future projects and to have some tuition on how to go about transforming images to look more 3D. 

No comments:

Post a Comment