Thursday 18 November 2010

Flats

Each flat drawing has been created from different garments from on-line sources - Urban Uutfitters, Zara and Topshop. I have used templates in this way for each theme and have adapted each drawing using colour swatches taken from my mood boards and images shown throughout my blog. Using the transparency tool, especially within my 'Luminous DIY' theme, shown above, has been really helpful to create a see-through transparent effect to link with my theme. I have tried using the skills learnt from Jamie over the last few weeks to add in creases and shadow effects to show a more detail in how the garment would hang. I have added zip detail where necessary together with seams and hems. 
When uploaded to In Design I will add captions to each illustrator, with a description of the garment. I think this will also help to add more detail to the page, so they don't look like they are in away floating, together with a block of colour similar to VM pages to almost bring forward the drawings to the reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment