Sunday 24 October 2010

New Idea - ETHICAL

DIY / Sustainable Accessories and Design

Anita Moser - Dip Dyed Shoes

Smaggystyle - Ripped Tights Necklace

MacraMe - Owl Ties

Manga Farming - Comic books, radish seeds, sun, water and air

Brokenfab - Disco beading

I've found the ethical theme to be the one that's been the hardest to work from and develop, to come up with an original trend and not go down the route of vintage or eco-friendly clothing. My first idea within this theme was to look at sustainable architecture, and how this could be inspired with fashion, looking a shapes, colour and interior design.

While I thought this was an idea that could be developed with the amount of research materials there are within sustainable architecture, eco buildings / homes, I have thought there would not be much variation involved, from what I can think of at this stage. As the majority of the trend book uses imagery as a main focus I need the original idea to vary and be appealing to the eye for the reader, and not for example have pages with lots of imagery of different architecture and buildings. I don't think this would be interesting enough to create a trend from. 

With the help of Anya, I'm moving away from this idea, and have started to look at D.I.Y objects / jewellery / fashion / interior design..much more interesting I think! I've found some amazing DIY's as a starting point. The only concern with this idea, is the colour palette involved. As the subject is quite broad and there is not one colour palette associated with DIY to work from, however I want to use this to my advantage and look at various DIY projects and the colours involved and the trends of 2010 to work from to create my own colour palette.

Xiyinn Tang - Dansk Magazine

Taking on a different approach, I want this theme to be aimed at sustainability, and today's economic climate, with the current recession being a huge impact on this, especially for 2012 where we could be leading into a double recession, DIY fashion and design will have a strong influence on consumers.


Lindsey Thornburg - Tie-Dye Gown

Examples of DIY Catwalk Couture


DIY Couture - On-line Refinery29

From left : Martin Margiela Artisanal, Marco de Vincenzo, Jean Paul Gaultier, Martin Margiela Artisanal

DIY Couture - On-line Refinery29

From left : Christian Lacroix, Martin Margiela Artisanal, Christian Dior, and Jean Paul Gaultier.

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    Thank you for featuring our macrame owl necklace in your beautiful inspired post!

    Mariana and Paula
    macraMe

    ReplyDelete