Tuesday 26 October 2010

Designer Inspiration

ETHNIC


Holly Fulton - Autumn / Winter 2010 - ELLE Magazine
The simplistic shapes of the garments in Holly Fulton's Autumn / Winter collection I think really emphasises the block colours and vibrant patterns, and this is what I want to be the main focal point within the trend. I think when deciding the garments to use within my final illustrations and visual merchandising pages there needs to be less detail with the actual clothing, with the main influence being on the Egyptian style patterns and colours.

STREET



Alexander Wang's football inspired collection has a strong link with where I want to go within my street theme. I'm aiming for an athletic / urban casual vibe, with is definitely seen within Alexander's collection. I really want the casual influence to stand out, with the use of hoodies / sweatshirts but will a contemporary feel. Even though the collection is designed for Spring/Summer, there are elements within each garment that could also be for Autumn / Winter with layering of coats and jumpers.

ETHICAL

Marni - Spring / Summer 2008 - Handbag.com


The jewellery is the key influence within this collection. I really like the block colours and and I can definitely see how DIY could be influenced within this. From my research, I have come across some really innovative jewellery made in really creative way, which I want to demonstrate within my ethical theme. Following on with the innovative and modern ways of creating accessories, I want a futuristic theme to be represented, using cool pastels and whites mixed with bold blocks of colour. Accessories will be the main feature of the theme, particularly with headscarf's, to add to the DIY feel, which have been used in another of Marni's collections for Autumn/Winter 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment